Stearns Lending is celebrating its 30th
year in business this year. We owe our success to the 900,000+ customers who we’ve helped to become homeowners, our dedicateed staff who are licensed to originate, process, underwrite and close loans in 49 states, and the real estate agents, builders, financial planners and other referral partners who have put their faith in us to deliver outstanding service to their clients over the years.
Strong History. Bold Future
Thirty years ago, Stearns Lending opened its doors, led by a 25-year old Glenn Stearns, who was determined to provide a customer-centric approach to home lending. His positive “I can help you!” attitude evolved into the company’s corporate mission statement that still guides us each day.
Today, Stearns Lending operates four channels:
- Stearns Wholesale, whose mission is to provide licensed mortgage brokers with a wide range of home loan options to meet the varying financial needs and goals of their clients, is now a Top 5 wholesale lender.
- Stearns Home Loans has 81 retail branches to provide our borrowers with regional home financing expertise, and our real estate agent and builder partners with local lenders who are motivated to build business in their region.
- The Powered by Stearns moniker supports the growth of homeownership from Hawaii to Minnesota and Texas through eight regional home financing joint-ventures with real estate companies, home builders, and financial services firms. Stearns Lending also provides a private label home financing services for one of the country’s leading and most innovative Fintech companies.
- Equity partnerships with Certainty Home Loans and Citywide Home Loans, which gave our partners access to our industry-leading technology, capital markets expertise, and operational excellence.
Stearns' commitment to digital technology was demonstrated last year with the release of a three-app digital mortgage platform, built in-house by Stearns IT, to provide a seamless loan management process for Borrowers, Stearns Loan Officers, and our Real Estate Agent Referral partners.
The Borrower app was created to help eliminate what customers dislike the most - the mountains of paperwork involved with a loan application. Going digital has also helped to reduce the time it takes for a borrower to start a loan application and the number of days to close.
The Loan Officer app was designed to make loan management portable. Every Stearns loan officer can start an application, compare loan scenarios, price it, run credit, send a pre-qualification, lock and extend, plus much more, from the palm of their hand. The Referral Partner app was built to keep listing agents, seller agents, and builders, updated on their borrowers’ loans in process.
Backed by Blackstone, the world’s largest private equity firm with 545 billion dollars under management, Stearns Lending is strongly positioned to explore growth opportunities under the leadership of our dedicated CEO, David Schneider, “I love working at Stearns because of the people. It’s a culture. I can help you, not only speaks to our customers, but also our partners both internally and externally, and our entire team. Our focus is on building communities for our customers, with our partners, and in our work environment. We ultimately want to help people purchase their dream homes, and we all work together to do that.”
As we look towards the future, guided by our iDREAM principles of Innovation, Delight customers, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, and Mastery, we remain firmly committed to our mission of helping homebuyers find the best loans for their current and future needs.
Our customers share their experiences
While we’re proud of our history, our accolades for providing high-quality customer service are equally, if not more important. They include:
- Average 4.9 out of 5-star rating from 14352 reviews gathered by from our customers
- Zillow 5-star average rating from 1337 customer reviewsRanked one of the Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America by Scotsman Guide and Mortgage Executive Magazine
As we celebrate our 30th
year in business, we want to thank every one of our customers, real estate agents, builders, and other referral partners for their trust, business, and friendship. We’re excited about our opportunities to assist you in the future – especially as we continue to innovate new ways to empower and delight our customers and business associates.
Nov 04, 2019